Why Choose IVCH
IVCH Is the Place—Illinois Valley Is the Life
This is the place. The place where patients want to receive care, physicians want to practice and employees want to work.
At Illinois Valley Community Hospital, community, compassion and extraordinary care come together collaboratively.
More than a great place to work, IVCH offers a great place to live and thrive. With a location in the heart of the Illinois Valley, you’ll experience all the benefits of small town life, plus the convenience of being close to major metropolitans areas like Chicago.
It's the best of both worlds for you and your family: convenient commute and daily life, close-knit community, superior school systems, lively entertainment and cultural arts scene, plus easy access to the city's wider offerings. We're located in the second largest county in Illinois and enjoy a cost of living 21 percent lower than the national average…browse the latest home listings to see for yourself. But that's not all.
Superior Educational Opportunities
- Six colleges and universities within a 60 mile radius
- Excellent educational system featuring public and parochial institutions including seven high schools, a career center, 28 elementary schools, eight preschools and a private day school
Thrilling Outdoor Activities
- Four state parks including Starved Rock State Park, one of the Seven Wonders of Illinois
- Fish and wildlife areas and 3,000 acres of forests
- 12 rivers, canals and lakes plus waterfalls, bluffs and the Illinois River Road National Scenic Byway
- Acres and miles of hiking, biking and walking trails
- Recreational activities famous in the Illinois Valley include rafting, ziplining, horseback riding, camping, cross country skiing, snowmobiling, boating, fishing, paintballing, archery, hunting and more
Exciting Entertainment and Culture
- Amenities including shopping centers and boutiques, professional-caliber golf courses, public and private health clubs and more
- Three wineries and wine tasting rooms
- Arts and culture including symphony orchestras, museums, choirs, live theater
- 36,000 square foot indoor waterpark and amusement park
- Stock racing at mid-America's most exciting 1/4 high banked raceway
- Family recreation and leagues including football, baseball, dance, soccer, tennis, swimming, tumbling, sledding, softball, ice skating and more
Like you, we're looking to put down roots—we've been here for 100 years, doing just that. And we're constantly looking for new ways to grow, and strong team members to help us succeed. Talented, forward-thinking, progressive professionals like you, need the right spot to grow.
This is the place. Make it your place to be.
For more information or current openings, call the IVCH Human Resources office at 815-780-3421 or send a message to email@example.com.