Donate & Volunteer
Mission Statement: The IVCH Foundation is a not-for-profit corporation established to provide financial support for Illinois Valley Community Hospital and its related health services.
The IVCH Foundation helps Illinois Valley Community Hospital deliver high-quality medical care to the residents of north central Illinois who depend upon the hospital when they or their families are ill or injured. The Foundation supports IVCH by:
- Providing funds that allow the hospital to purchase advanced medical equipment that it otherwise might not be able to afford.
- Helping to reimburse IVCH for part of the hundreds of thousands of dollars of uncompensated medical care the hospital delivers each year.
These efforts are made possible by people like you who support the work of IVCH by making financial contributions to the hospital. This support can take many forms, including memorial contributions, stocks, bonds, life insurance or remembering IVCH in your will. And, because the IVCH Foundation is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization under the federal tax code, your gift is tax-deductible.
When you make a gift to IVCH, you will receive a thank you from the Foundation president and public acknowledgement in Health Scene, the IVCH quarterly newsletter. You also may qualify to have a leaf or stone inscribed on the Tree of Life or an inscribed tile on the Commitment to Caring Donor Recognition Wall.
The Tree of Life
Prominently displayed on a wall in the IVCH West Street lobby, the Tree of Life offers a permanent way to remember gifts of $1,000 or more:
- A $1,000 gift allows you to have a leaf inscribed on the tree.
- A $15,000 gift will be remembered with an inscribed stone beneath the tree.
Commitment to Caring Donor Recognition Wall
Donors of $2,500 or more may choose to have an inscribed tile on the donor recognition wall in the East Addition:
- $25,000 for a 12" by 12" tile on the donor recognition wall and a recognition plaque in a room or area of the donor’s choice.
- $10,000 for a 12" by 12" tile on the donor recognition wall.
- $5,000 for an 8" by 8" tile on the donor recognition wall.
- $2,500 for a 4" by 8" tile on the donor recognition wall.
You can qualify for a leaf, stone or tile by donating one lump sum or several smaller payments. The Foundation office will take care of the paperwork for you. However you choose to give, a gift to the IVCH Foundation is a lasting way to honor relatives, friends or special events.
The IVCH Foundation is led by a dedicated Board of Directors:
- Harry Erlenborn, president
- Elaine Buckman
- George Buckman
- Joe Hogan
- Renee Kim
- Peter M. Loveland
- Kris Paul
- Bev Sons
- William Vlastnik
- James Weber
For more information, call the IVCH Foundation office at 815.780.3544. Or, you can make a pledge or donation online.