- Doctors & Staff
- Hip Replacement
- Joint Replacement Center
- Joint Replacement Recovery Process
- Why Choose The Joint Replacement Center
- Return to Service Directory
Center for Orthopedic Excellence
Stop living in pain with an anterior hip replacement from IVCH!
Sue Massey loved living life to the fullest, whether it was by exercising, walking her dog or taking part in any of her favorite activities. At least, she did until her minor hip pain grew increasingly more severe. It soon began affecting her other hip, knees, back, sleep and overall lifestyle. That's when she sought help from the award-winning team at the IVCH Center for Orthopedic Excellence.
Dr. Peter Meier, one of IVCH's board-certified orthopedic surgeons, explained that Sue needed hip replacement surgery. But this wasn't your everyday procedure! Sue learned that she would undergo an innovative new option called anterior hip replacement, offering significant advantages over the traditional method. It involves a smaller incision and frontal approach, allowing for minimal muscle trauma and resulting in a quicker and less painful healing process.
- Although recovery from a standard surgery can take two to four months, complete recovery from an anterior replacement may take only two to six weeks.
- Whereas patients recovering from standard surgery must avoid overflexing a new hip, anyone with an anterior replacement can freely bend his or her hip right away.
Just ask Sue… she was home from the hospital a mere two days after the procedure and stopped needing pain medication a day later. After a week, she relied only on a cane and was completely back to normal within six weeks. But you don't have to take Sue's word for it.
In addition to receiving multiple joint replacement awards, IVCH also has been honored with several 5-Star ratings over the years, including for Total Hip Replacement for 7 years in a row (2007-2012)!
If you're ready to live pain free with your own remarkable restoration, call the IVCH Center for Orthopedic Excellence to schedule a consultation.
920 West St.
Peru, IL 61354