Patients & Visitors
Patients & Visitors
Is IVCH part of your health care plan? To better serve your health care needs, IVCH participates in the following managed care plans:
Benefit Administrative Systems, LLC
BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois PPO
Caterpillar (“The Network”)
Coventry Health Care of Illinois (formerly known as PersonalCare)
Galaxy Health Network
Great-West (See Cigna)
HFN, Inc. and HFN Platinum
Health Alliance Medical Plans
HealthSmart (formerly Preferred Plan and InterPlan)
OSF Health Systems Direct Access Network (DAN)
United Behavioral Health
United Healthcare of the River Valley
IVCH participates in several plans; however, we do not participate in every product of every plan.
IVCH participates in several Private Fee For Service Medicare Advantage plans, and PPOs. Please check to make certain IVCH is in-network if you are considering switching from Original Medicare to any Medicare replacement plan.
If the network identified on your insurance card is not listed above, IVCH may not have a participation agreement with that particular network. Also, be advised that IVCH may not participate with every product line within any given plan. In addition, medical staff physicians may not participate in all these same networks.
Be aware that when you elect to utilize the services of a non-participating hospital or physician for anything other than emergency services or a service approved by the insurer in advance, the basis of your benefit payment will be determined according to your insurance policy’s "out-of network" rules and you may be responsible for the balance.
Before you seek non-emergency services at IVCH, you are strongly encouraged to obtain information regarding out-of-pocket expenses by calling the telephone number on your insurance identification card to make certain your services are covered at the highest benefit level, thus reducing your out of pocket costs.
Be aware that making certain IVCH and your physicians are in network and that any required pre-certification is done is the patient’s responsibility. Please call the phone number listed on the back of your ID card for this information.
- Managed care organizations can change network arrangements, benefits and/or providers without notice.
- Some plans may pay a lesser benefit if you have certain tests or procedures done locally, increasing your out of pocket costs.
- Before seeking non-emergency types of health care, check with your insurance company, HMO or PPO network or your employee benefits department to make certain all services are covered at Illinois Valley Community Hospital.
- You may be liable for certain services if they are not preauthorized; always check with your health plan prior to any elective admission or testing to determine if it is a covered service.
- You may receive separate billings from hospital-based physicians such as radiologists and pathologists for services provided through IVCH; these providers are not employees of IVCH and provide services through independent practices or other entities.
We welcome your suggestions regarding IVCH’s participation in additional managed care programs. Please call 815.780.4642 with information concerning other managed care plans the hospital should consider.