Rehabilitation & Aquatics
- Center for Physical Rehabilitation & Aquatics
- Arthritis Foundation Aquatic Program
- Athletic Performance Enhancement
- Massage Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Sports Medicine
- Therapy Pool
- Video Tour
- Wellness Program
- Our Staff
- Return to Service Directory
Center for Physical Rehabilitation & Aquatics
Located in the Miller Building next to the Illinois Valley YMCA in Peru, the IVCH Center for Physical Rehabilitation and Aquatics has services and equipment not often found at hospitals outside larger metropolitan areas.
You’ll Notice the Difference
The two-story, 15,000-square-foot center has more than 30 pieces of physical therapy equipment. Some of the devices—like a deweighting system that allows patients to exercise even though their ability to walk is severely impaired—is new to the Illinois Valley area.
The center also has a warm water (the temperature is always between 89 and 92 degrees) therapy pool with 1,500 square feet of usable water space. It's the first of its kind in the Illinois Valley.
The rehab center was designed with the needs of disabled individuals in mind. For example:
- The entrance is under a canopy that allows patients to be driven to within a few feet of the automatic electric doorway. There are no steps, and the entryway is completely level. Parking is close by.
- All of the exam rooms are large—11 by 12 feet—and easily accessible by wheelchair.
- The treatment area is large and open.
- The pool has a hydraulic lift to help patients in and out of the water. It also has a railing.
All Rehab Services
The Center for Rehabilitation & Aquatics is the home for all of IVCH’s outpatient physical rehabilitation services, so it is for patients who need:
- Outpatient physical therapy
- Industrial rehabilitation
- Sports medicine
- Massage therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy—including a two-way window for pediatric patients
Want to learn more?
Get the basics of physical therapy and details on how you can benefit as a patient of IVCH by reading these two articles: