Center for Physical Rehabilitation & Aquatics
Who do you want in YOUR huddle?
There's no way to score if you're not in the game. The IVCH sports medicine staff is ready to tackle your sports injuries! Our winning team sees any individual, including high school, college and recreational athletes, who has sustained an injury during practice or competition. This includes participation in competitive, intramural and amateur sports. (Please note that a physician referral is not necessary; however, your insurance may require preauthorization before you attend the IVCH sports clinic.)
What types of injuries can be treated at IVCH?
The sports medicine team can help with the prevention and treatment of ACL and MCL injuries, labral tears, concussions and stress fractures, with balanced options for training and recovery for hips, knees, feet and ankles.
Orthopedic surgeons Robert Mitchell, James Murphy and Peter Meier see patients regularly at a sports medicine clinic Monday afternoons at the IVCH Center for Physical Rehabilitation and Aquatics, the most modern rehab center in the Illinois Valley.
Who can I call if I have sustained an injury?
If you're hurt over the weekend at practice or in the big game, call Dr. Mitchell, Dr. Murphy or Dr. Meier—they will see you promptly on Monday. Make an appointment at 815.223.2143.
What happens after I see the doctor?
After your injury is assessed and a treatment plan is formulated by Dr. Mitchell, Dr. Murphy or Dr. Meier, you can receive physical therapy that is specifically targeted for post-operative or sports injuries. Call 815.780.3509 for details.
Which local athletic programs are covered?
Our athletic trainers, Kayla Olson, ATC, and James Schaefer, ATC, provide coverage for the athletic programs at:
- Illinois Valley Community College
- LaSalle-Peru Township High School
- Mendota High School
- Putnam County High School
- Parkside School (Peru)
- Washington School (Oglesby)
- LaSalle-Peru Youth Football League
Ask us about:
- Our Athletic Performance Enhancement Program
- Concussion Management Clinic
- Video motion analysis for running
Rehabilitation & Aquatics
- Center for Physical Rehabilitation & Aquatics
- Athletic Performance Enhancement
- Sports Concussion Management Clinic
- Massage Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Sports Medicine
- Therapy Pool
- Video Tour
- Wellness Program
- Our Staff
- IVCH Streator Rehab Services
- Return to Service Directory
- Fitness and exercise topic center
- Rehabilitation topic center
- Sports injuries topic center
- Sign up for our e-newsletters