Center for Physical Rehabilitation & Aquatics
IVCH has a monthly wellness membership program for people who have medical conditions or would like to exercise in a medically supervised environment.
Having a medical condition or limited mobility doesn't mean you have to stop exercising. In many cases, exercise can enhance management of a particular condition or speed the recovery process. A medically supervised wellness program could be beneficial to people with the following conditions:
- Cardiac conditions
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Chronic pain
- Gastric bypass recovery
- General musculoskeletal disorders
- Low-back pain
- Postnatal recovery
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Stress-related illnesses
Exercise can play an important role in recovery by strengthening weak muscles, enhancing overall wellness and boosting self-esteem.
How do I get started?
Here's all you have to do to join our wellness program.
- Get a written medical release from your physician.
- Schedule your initial wellness assessment by calling 815.780.3509.
- After your assessment, schedule your exercise appointments.
That's all there is to it. You can exercise in the CPRA gym between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday and until 5 p.m. on Friday. The warm water therapy pool is set aside for your use between 9:30 and 10:30 a.m. on weekday mornings.
How much does the IVCH wellness program cost?
One-time assessment fee—$35.
Monthly workout fee—$33. (YMCA members get a 10% discount.)
Who do I contact for more information?
Please call 815.780.3509 for any questions you may have regarding the IVCH wellness program.
Rehabilitation & Aquatics
- Center for Physical Rehabilitation & Aquatics
- Athletic Performance Enhancement
- Concussion Management Clinic
- Massage Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Sports Medicine
- Therapy Pool
- Video Tour
- Wellness Program
- Our Staff
- Return to Service Directory
- Arthritis topic center
- Fitness and exercise topic center
- Massage topic center
- Rehabilitation topic center
- Sports injuries topic center
- Sign up for our e-newsletters