Calcium Heart Scan
Your Risk for Heart Disease Can Be Measured in Just 15 Minutes
The IVCH Calcium Heart Scan – a painless, noninvasive method for detection of heart disease.
Using 64-slice computed tomography (CT) technology, an IVCH Calcium Heart Scan provides detailed pictures of your heart so that your physician can check for clogged arteries. Early detection may help save your life. Discuss this test with your physician, assess the risk factors and determine whether or not you can benefit from this type of screening*.
Walk in without an appointment, get quick results.
- Enter through the hospital's outpatient entrance and request an IVCH Calcium Heart Scan any weekday between 8:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
- No appointment is necessary and you do not need a physician's order.
- Avoid caffeine products for at least four hours before your visit.
- The cost is only $99, payable with cash or a credit card at time of service (we will not bill your insurance).
- Your entire visit will last about 30 minutes.
- You will get a phone call from a cardiologist to talk about your IVCH Calcium Heart Scan results.
- You and your physician will receive your results soon after the scan is completed.
What to Expect
- When you arrive and check in, you will need to complete a brief health history questionnaire.
- If the calcium heart scan is deemed suitable for you, you will be escorted to a diagnostic imaging room.
- You will be asked to lie on your back on top of an exam table.
- Your arms will be placed above your head and a cardiac monitor will be used during the procedure to measure your heart rate.
- You will be asked to hold your breath for a few seconds while the calcium heart scan is completed.
- After that, you may have to wait a short time while the radiologist checks the scans for quality. Once the scans are approved, you may leave the hospital.
* Patients with known coronary artery disease, coronary symptoms or previous coronary procedures (including cardiac catheterizations, bypass surgery and devices) should not have this test.
For more information, call the IVCH Diagnostic Imaging Department at 815.780.3432.
- Adult Day Center
- Calcium Heart Scan
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Family Home Medical Equipment
- Pastoral Care
- Sleep Medicine Clinic
- Valley Regional Cancer Center
- Return to Service Directory