Health Centers & Medical Clinics
- IVCH Health Centers & Medical Clinics Overview
- Center for Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Counseling Clinic
- Diabetes Center for Excellence
- Hygienic Institute
- Joint Replacement Center
- Occupational Health
- Oglesby/Utica Medical Clinic
- Pain Clinic
- Peru Primary Care Clinic
- Women's Health Care Center
- Wound & Hyperbaric Center
- Return to Service Directory
- Providers specializing in psychiatry
- Depression topic center
- Mental health topic center
- Stress and anxiety topic center
Interact: Health Tools
IVCH Health Centers & Medical Clinics
The IVCH mission of providing quality health care for the community includes recognizing that the emotional well-being of an individual is fundamental to overall healthy living and is often of equal concern when physical illness occurs. The World Health Organization has identified depression as the leading cause of disability in the world today, and yet it remains one of the least treated illnesses.
The IVCH Counseling Clinic is designed to provide preventive counseling in addition to psychotherapeutic treatment for a broad spectrum of emotional, behavioral and relationship problems. Research-tested psychological techniques are used to change patterns of thinking, feeling, acting and communicating in order to bring lasting symptom relief and lifestyle growth. This form of intervention has proven useful in treating mild to severe conditions when medication may not be the best option or when medication alone isn’t enough.
We provide services for most conditions, including:
- Depression—mild to severe, antepartum, postpartum and grief
- Anxiety—generalized, panic, obsessive-compulsive, post-traumatic, phobias, social phobia and multiple fears
- Behavioral problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Personality problems
- Eating disorders
- Attention deficit disorder
- Impulse control
- Adjustment problems
- Chronic pain management
- Relationship conflicts—marital, family and couple/partner
- Employee assistance programs
Clinic Director—Kevin F. McLendon, LCPC, DAPA Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor
McLendon has more than 20 years of clinical experience working with people of all ages and treating mild to severe conditions. He is a Diplomate of the American Psychotherapy Association and a member of the Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies, the National Association of Cognitive Behavioral Therapists, and the Anxiety Disorders Association of America.
Contact our Counseling Clinic at 815.780.3696 for help and guidance with issues related to your emotional health needs.
IVCH Counseling Services is located across West Street from IVCH in Building B (Women's Health Care Center). There are entrances from West Street, the IVCH parking garage and from 6th Street on the north side of Building B.