IVCH Health Centers & Medical Clinics
Founded in 1914 by F.W. Matthiessen, the Hygienic Institute Community Health Center has been providing area residents with easily accessible health care for nearly 100 years! From lab tests and immunization services to checkups and physicals, our doctors and nurse practitioners are available to provide care for the whole family.
We accept multiple forms of payment, including credit cards, Medicaid, Medicare, self pay and Illinois' All Kids insurance program. Eligible patients also may arrange for payment plans, depending on the scope of services provided.
- Non-emergency care: Physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners treat people of all ages.
- Daycare, school, sport, employment and wellness physical examinations: In addition to physicals and wellness examinations, other medical testing is available as requested. School and sport physicals are offered offsite for large groups.
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) testing and treatment: The clinic can examine, test and treat clients for various sexually transmitted infections.
- Childhood immunizations: Walk-in childhood immunization clinics are offered 8 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday. Medicaid and All Kids accepted. A $10 fee is requested for the administration of vaccines; however, immunizations are not denied due to financial limitations. For more details about immunizations, please review this Children's Vaccine Schedule and additional information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Adult immunizations and foreign travel vaccination services: If you are traveling out of the country or need a routine immunization, we can help you determine your immunization needs. Immunizations available include tetanus; shingles; measles, mumps and rubella (MMR); polio; flu; pneumonia; hepatitis A and B; meningitis; varicella (chicken pox) and typhoid.
- TB skin testing: Tuberculosis screening is available; no appointment is necessary.
- Medical laboratory services: Blood tests and lead screening are performed Monday through Thursday, from 8 to 10 a.m.
Kara Fess, MD, a board-certified family physician, sees patients full-time at the Hygienic Institute.
Daily, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Contact IVCH's Hygienic Institute for all your health care needs.
2970 Chartres St.
LaSalle, IL 61301
Health Centers & Medical Clinics
- IVCH Health Centers & Medical Clinics Overview
- Adult Medicine Clinic
- Center for Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Counseling Clinic
- Diabetes Center for Excellence
- ENT and Allergy Center
- Hygienic Institute
- Illinois Valley Orthopedics
- Joint Replacement Center
- LaSalle Medical Clinic
- Occupational Health
- Oglesby/Utica Medical Clinic
- Pain Clinic
- Peru Medical Clinic
- Peru Primary Care Clinic
- Streator Medical Clinic
- Streator Orthopedics
- Women's Health Care Center
- Wound & Hyperbaric Center
- Return to Service Directory