IVCH Health Centers & Medical Clinics
Center for Pulmonary Rehabilitation
Patients come to IVCH so they can breathe easier and enjoy a more active lifestyle. Our outpatient Pulmonary Rehabilitation Center helps patients with chronic breathing problems to more effectively manage their pulmonary conditions. If you are recovering from lung surgery or suffering from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), severe asthma, chronic bronchitis, and various lung conditions you can benefit from our help.
What to Expect at IVCH’s Pulmonary Rehab Center
Upon your physician referral you may schedule an appointment where:
- You will meet with one of our respiratory therapists to discuss your health concerns.
- Our respiratory therapists will put you through a series of evaluations to create a custom care plan that sets goals for your treatment.
- Most pulmonary rehab patients' programs last three hours a week for four months. However, additional sessions can be scheduled based on your personal needs.
- Your on-site care plan will include a combination of exercise, education, and group support with other patients.
- You will also be expected to complete work at home that will continue your progress outside of our clinic.
How IVCH’s Pulmonary Rehab Center Benefits You
Pulmonary rehabilitation is a process that requires dedication, but our therapy team will be there to help you with every breath along the way. This therapy can improve your health, quality of life and lung function while potentially cutting down on the need for hospital and doctor visits. We’ll work with you to make every breath easier!
Our therapists will guide you through a warm-up before moving into upper- and lower-body exercises that help build your lung strength and physical stamina. You’ll be monitored closely during each activity and have periods of rest.
Patient education is an important part of your time in our Pulmonary Rehabilitation Center. Your therapist will work with you to teach you about other aspects that can help with your respiratory condition, including changes in your diet, breathing techniques, medications and more.
You’ll be working to improve your respiratory condition alongside other patients who have health concerns just like yours. This gives you an opportunity to give and receive support from people who are going through the same thing you are. Many of our patients tell us that this is their favorite part of the therapy process!
Call us today at 815.780.3047 to learn how our Pulmonary Rehabilitation Center can help you!
Health Centers & Medical Clinics
- IVCH Health Centers & Medical Clinics Overview
- Adult Medicine Clinic
- Center for Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Counseling Clinic
- Diabetes Center for Excellence
- ENT and Allergy Center
- Hygienic Institute
- Illinois Valley Orthopedics
- Infectious Disease Clinic
- Joint Replacement Center
- LaSalle Medical Clinic
- Occupational Health
- Oglesby/Utica Medical Clinic
- Pain Clinic
- Peru Medical Clinic
- Peru Primary Care Clinic
- Streator Medical Clinic
- Streator Orthopedics
- Women's Health Care Center
- Wound & Hyperbaric Center
- Return to Service Directory