- Adult Day Center
- Calcium Heart Scan
- Family Home Medical Equipment
- Family Pharmacy
- Pastoral Care
- Sleep Disorder Center
- Valley Regional Cancer Center
- Return to Service Directory
Interact: Health Tools
IVCH Sleep Disorder Center
If you have a sleep disorder, your entire lifestyle could be affected. Not only could you experience decreased job performance and slight memory loss, but you also could be at risk for serious health issues, such as high blood pressure, heart attack or stroke. The staff at the IVCH Sleep Disorder Center specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of many sleep-related conditions, including sleep apnea, via overnight sleep studies.
About Sleep Apnea
Sleep apnea is a medical disorder that causes you to periodically stop breathing while you’re sleeping. It is a serious health risk and may be linked to other health problems. You may have sleep apnea if:
- You usually snore loudly.
- Your snoring is interrupted by silence followed by a gasp or snort.
- You’ve ever fallen asleep or almost fallen asleep at work or while driving.
- You have trouble concentrating or remembering.
- You experience mood or behavior changes.
- You often wake up with a headache.
- You have lost interest in sex.
For more information, visit www.sleepapnea.org.
815.773.9090, ext. 100