- Adult Day Center
- Calcium Heart Scan
- Family Home Medical Equipment
- Family Pharmacy
- Pastoral Care
- Sleep Medicine Clinic
- Valley Regional Cancer Center
- Return to Service Directory
Interact: Health Tools
Sleep Medicine Clinic
If you have a sleep disorder, your entire lifestyle could be affected. Not only could you experience decreased job performance and slight memory loss, but you also could be at risk for serious health issues, such as high blood pressure, heart attack or stroke.
Dr. Ioannis Karkatzounis doesn’t think you should take a sleep disorder lying down. Visit Dr. Karkatzounis and his team of sleep specialists at the IVCH Sleep Medicine Clinic, for scientific sleep studies and quick turnaround on results. Sleep apnea is one of the many sleep disorders the IVCH staff can help diagnose and treat.
About Sleep Apnea
Sleep apnea is a medical disorder that causes you to periodically stop breathing while you’re sleeping. It is a serious health risk and may be linked to other health problems. You may have sleep apnea if:
- You usually snore loudly.
- Your snoring is interrupted by silence followed by a gasp or snort.
- You’ve ever fallen asleep or almost fallen asleep at work or while driving.
- You have trouble concentrating or remembering.
- You experience mood or behavior changes.
- You often wake up with a headache.
- You have lost interest in sex.
For more information, visit www.sleepapnea.org.
- Do you have a sleep disorder? Take our sleep assessment quiz.
- Want to learn more? Check out our sleep medicine library!
Stop snoring and start snoozing!