- 1/4 cup cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3-5 Tbsp maple syrup (or honey)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1 pinch sea salt (optional)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk or coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
1.) Add cacao powder, maple syrup, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla into a small
mixing bowl. Whisk until a paste forms.
2.) Add a little milk at a time until a paste starts to form. Then add
remaining milk and whisk until smooth.
3.) Add chia seeds and whisk once more to combine.
4.) Cover and refrigerate overnight or for at least 3-5 hours
Leftovers will keep in the fridge for 4-5 days but is best when fresh.
Serve chilled with desired toppings - fruit, granola, whipped cream, etc.
adapted from a https://minimalistbaker.com/ recipe.