IVCH Health Centers & Medical Clinics
Wound & Hyperbaric Center
Time, it's said, heals all wounds. Maybe that's true in matters
of the heart. But physical wounds sometimes need extra help. That's
why we are excited to announce the opening of the IVCH Wound and Hyperbaric
Center, where we use the most up-to-date approaches and scientific advances
available to heal chronic and slow-healing wounds.
The Only Hyperbaric Oxygen Chambers Available in the Illinois Valley
Poor blood flow, diabetes, nerve damage, suppressed immune systems, or
other vascular problems can all affect the healing process and put you
at risk for a chronic wound.
IVCH Wound and Hyperbaric Center is the only center in the Illinois Valley
to offer hyperbaric oxygen treatment in addition to advanced wound care.
What is Hyperbaric Medicine? How can it help me?
Long used to help deep-sea divers recover from the bends, hyperbaric oxygen
chambers have also been found to rapidly accelerate the healing rate of wounds.
During this treatment, patients breathe 100 percent pure oxygen inside
the pressurized chamber for short periods of time. In addition to the
obvious benefit of healing the wound faster, this treatment option is
also highly effective in fighting certain infections, stimulating the
growth of new blood vessels and improving circulation.
How We Help Heal Chronic & Non-Healing Wounds
Our specially-trained physicians, nurses and technologists work with your
doctor to tailor a treatment plan for you. Here are some of the treatments
you can expect to find from the IVCH Wound and Hyperbaric Center:
- Wound consultation and evaluation
- Wound debridement
- Treatment of wound, skin, and bone infection
- Specialty wound dressings
- Pressure off-loading devices
- Bio-engineered skin grafts, skin substitutes
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBO)
Common Wounds that Benefit from Advanced Wound Care
The IVCH Wound and Hyperbaric Center provides state-of-the-art treatment
for a wide range of wound types including:
- Diabetic foot wounds
- Peripheral arterial insufficiency wounds
- Radiation injuries
- Crush injuries
- Preservation of compromised skin grafts
- Thermal burns
Ask your doctor for a referral to receive these proven treatment methods.
Wound Center Facts
- The wound center has two hyperbaric chambers to provide hyperbaric oxygen
therapy and four exam rooms for conventional wound treatment.
- Most health insurance plans will pay for wound center treatments.
- You don’t need a physician referral to make a wound center appointment.
IVCH Vein Center
Outpatient treatment for vascular disease of the vein including:
- Screening for venous reflux, a medical condition affecting circulation
of the blood in your body’s lower extremities
- Endovascular laser treatment, an ultrasound-guided technique for treating
symptomatic varicose veins
- Duplex ultrasound, a non-invasive evaluation of blood flow through your
arteries and veins.
815.780.3834 for more information.
IVCH Wound and Hyperbaric Center
1403 6th St.
Peru, IL 61354