Patients & Visitors
Patient Rights & Responsibilities
Illinois Valley Community Hospital recognizes the following patient rights
- Individuals shall be accorded impartial access to treatment and care.
- Respect and dignity for themselves as well as for others.
- Privacy and confidentiality.
- Consideration for personal values and beliefs.
- Personal safety and security.
- Access to protective services.
- Identification of individuals providing service.
- Receipt of information concerning your diagnosis (to the degree known),
treatment and any known prognosis, as well as the responsibility to provide
any past or current medical information about yourself.
- Communication with people outside the hospital.
- Informed consent.
- Consultation with a specialist.
- Refusal of treatment.
- Transfer and continuity of care and the obligation to follow the recommended
plan of treatment and care.
- Pain assessment and management.
- Participation in ethical questions that arise in the course of your care,
including issues of conflict resolution, withholding resuscitative services,
forgoing or withdrawal of life-sustaining treatment, and participation
in investigational studies or clinical trials.
- Itemized and detailed explanation of hospital charges.
- Information regarding hospital rules and regulations.
For more detailed information, refer to the patient rights handout located
in your patient education folder.